Time is valuable. Time is of the essence. Time is limited. Time never comes back. These are some hard truths about time and we know that the moment lost is lost forever. Yet, we continue to waste our precious hours in doing things that do not add any value to our lives. This is why you need a time tracking system that can help you understand your priorities and also align your day goals in a way that can sort your day and help you get more done.
Wasting time, procrastination, fear and other inhibiting thoughts are responsible for preventing you from taking the hard step. However, you need to understand your priorities and understand how to spend your time so that you can live a more fulfilling life.
Here are some quick tips to get you on track and make you more efficient.
- The most important morning activity for you should be to prioritize your day. When you have your day goals clearly laid out, it gives you more clarity and maintains focus. Now that your agenda for the day is set, you have to ensure that you meet your priorities and finish the goals assigned for the day.
- Make a list of things you need to get done in a day and then make a promise to yourself to stick with it, come what may. Planning is just the first phase, the real trick lies in staying true to your day’s agenda and finishing the tasks you laid out in your list. This takes a lot of self-discipline and responsibility. Most people don’t even realize that they are wasting their time until an entire day is gone and not a thing was accomplished. Planning ahead is the key to a successful day and a productive one.
- You need to remember one thing, if you don’t value your own time, no one else will. This is why it is crucial to understand the importance of saying no. Helping is good but not at the risk of jeopardizing your own work and deadlines. If you are focused on finishing your own task first, you will find plenty of organic time to help others.
- Efficiency is about making yourself a better version of what you are today. Keep a close track of your time and understand the pattern on how you spend or waste your time. When you write down your daily activity list for the day, you will know exactly what you did. Even if you spend 5-minutes browsing the internet on your phone, write that down too.
- Time management is a lot about self-management. Unless you are respectful of your own time, no number of tools or lists can get things done for you.