You may not realize it yet, but time tracking is a total game-changer for your business and your life. With the advent of modern technology has come a wide variety of tools that you can use to make the very most of your time. After all, there are only so many hours in the day, and with the world we now live in busier and more hectic than ever before, we’re assuming you can use all the help you can get when it comes to boosting productivity.
When it comes to online time tracking, we know a thing or two. So let us happily introduce you to some easy-to-use tools that you can start using today.
- Paydirt: Freelancers and small businesses will find a lot to love about this one. Primarily a Chrome extension that tracks web browsing (an easy way to isolate time-wasting activity), Paydirt offers an impressive invoicing system that integrates time tracking and billing in a way few other tools of its kind do. Larger businesses comprised mainly of salaried employees may not have as much of a need for the invoicing capability, but the web browsing elements alone may be worth it.
- Tick: One of the most effective ways in which time tracking manages to positively affect productivity is the awareness it draws to time management. Tick is a prime example of this, generating feedback regarding the time remaining to complete a designated task or project. These reminders allow workers to stay on task whenever they log time and motivate them to keep on schedule along each step of the way. Moreover, you’re then able to identify workflow trouble early enough to make adjustments and prevent missing deadlines.
- Timepot: No matter how large your business is, Timepot gives you the absolute control and manipulation over billable hours. More comprehensive than simply a time tracking app, this sophisticated software system makes it easy to trim costs, save time and streamline your business process in one fell swoop. Fully integrated and cloud-based, Timepot is more than just a time tracker. It offers task and time management services and, if your business is on the market for a full-service time tracking option, this is about as good as it gets.
- Toggl: What makes Toggl stand apart from other time tracking tools is its simplicity. There are no complex interfaces or processes to learn here. Instead, this tool offers a top-notch, deeply integrated time tracking system. All of the core functionality is accounted for, and you can easily generate invoices or export reports. However, it’s all streamlined for ease of use to maximize practical application.
- TopTracker: If you want a highly customizable time tracking system, this one’s for you. Whether you work individually or as a team, this app makes it easy to track your projects and even includes the ability to automatically take screenshots of your work (with optional blur function). It may be best applied to the freelance world but holds just as much value for small and large businesses alike.
Time to Improve
Even though adding more processes into the mix might seem like a daunting notion, we implore you to consider giving the above tools some serious thought. While countless other options are out on the market, the five we’ve discussed each highlight a separate but equally essential element that can make your work days a lot smoother and free up your schedule to focus on customer development and future growth rather than simply the status quo. If you never take the time to improve your business processes, it’s only a matter of time before you find yourself far behind the competition.